Junior Varsity golf at Malvern Prep is a highly competitive sport. Every Varsity golfer during the past four years (except) one has come through the JV’s competitive program. Please read the statistics below to understand how competitive this program is. Most of our top four JV players each year would be starters at the Varsity level for most other High School programs.
2010 scoring highlights
- JV Golf has only lost 4 matches during the past 7 years.
- Had 3 undefeated seasons.
2009 scoring highlights
- Lowest individual average was 38.5 strokes per 9 holes.
- Top 6 JV averages were under 41.4 stokes for 9 holes.
2008 scoring highlights
- Lowest individual average was 38 strokes per 9 holes by a 7th grade student-athlete.
- Top 8 players averaged under 42.3 strokes per 9 holes.
2007 scoring highlights
- Lowest individual average was 40 strokes per 9 holes.
- Top 4 individual averages were under 40.5 strokes per 9 holes.
- Top 8 individual averages were under 43.5 strokes per 9 holes.
- Lowest individual average was 40 strokes for 9 holes.
- Top 3 individual averages were under 41.6 strokes per 9 holes.
- Top 5 individual averages were under 43.4 strokes per 9 holes
Malvern Prep Golf Fact Sheet
1. Participate in the highly competitive Inter-Ac Leagues. Schools include: Haverford School, Chestnut Hill Academy, Germantown Academy, Episcopal Academy, William Penn Charter School
2. Home course for practice and matches: Waynesborough Country Club
3. Courses used for practice: White Manor CC, Aronimink GC, Chester Valley CC, Applebrook GC
4. Courses played in away matches: Merion GC, Philadelphia Cricket Club, Sunnybrook GC, Huntington Valley CC, Gulph Mills GC, Philadelphia CC …
5. League champions of the last 4 years…losing only 4 matches total
6. Season begins March 14th and ends on May 23rd.
7. Will be a fall sport beginning September 2011
8. Varsity team consists of 8 – 12 players based on tryout evaluations…players must be in grades 8 – 12 to be eligible