FINANCIAL AID CHECKLIST
Below is information regarding items that are required to be in place for consideration of Financial Aid. Please note that the Financial Aid Checklist is different than, and in addition to, the Checklist for Admission.
- A number of items are required to complete your son’s application for financial aid. This checklist is provided so you can check off the completed items while keeping in mind the items that still need to be accomplished.
- All steps (except 2011 Federal tax return) must be completed in order to be reviewed. You are encouraged to complete your son’s application file before Thanksgiving and the steps below as soon as possible, preferably by December 15.
- All requirements for an applicant to be accepted must be completed: Application for
Admission; Student Activities/Interest form; Teacher Recommendation forms (2); Transcript, Conduct and Attendance form; Entrance Exam.
- Parents’ Contribution Form – fill out form (part of the financial aid packet) and return
to the Admissions Office with the tax returns and PFS by December 15.
- 2011 Federal Tax Returns – forward copies of complete signed tax returns and W2s for
2011 to the Admissions Office as soon as possible, preferably by December 15.
- School and Students Services Forms (sss.nais.org) – Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
should be filed online. Make a copy and forward it to the Admissions Office by
- 2012 Federal Tax Returns – forward copies of complete signed tax returns and W2s for
2012 to the Admissions Office when available, preferably by March 1.
- Form 4506 – On occasion, Malvern Prep’s Financial Aid Committee will need more
information than you have provided. This signed form gives Malvern Prep the
authorization to request Federal tax returns for years other than 2011.