Our innovative approach to teaching and learning engages and inspires boys beginning at a pivotal age - Middle School - by fostering inquisitive thinking, character development, and lifelong friendships.
In a focused, all-boys environment, we give students an extraordinary independent school experience that not only prepares them to excel in the Upper School and beyond, but to lead fulfilling lives grounded in the Augustinian values of Truth, Unity, and Love.
Students in Malvern's Middle School learn to think at a deeper level as they are encouraged to ask important questions, think creatively, and apply their knowledge for the common good.
A team-based approach helps teachers quickly pivot to meet individual needs so that each student is set up for success.
- Grade-wide, project-based experiences are intentionally designed so that students connect to their peers and the greater school community, as well as carry out a larger commitment to the common good.
- Student-centered learning is an integral part of the academics at Malvern, and students are highly encouraged to bring their ideas directly to the faculty to become part of the curriculum and drive the overall experience.
- Prep block is a daily time allotted for students to learn essential study skills and best practices in time management with faculty outside of a more structured learning environment.
- Counseling block addresses executive function skills, stress management, social/emotional learning, relationship management, and decision-making.
- Our academics are rooted in depth versus breadth, which often leads to Middle School graduates receiving honors-level placement in the Upper School.
- Our 8th graders have the opportunity to credential in high school classes (Mathematics, Arts, and PE electives), enabling them to walk into the Upper School with classes on their transcripts, allowing for more schedule flexibility that is often reserved for upperclassmen.